Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chickpea Salad



Almost every vegan cookbook seems to have a recipe for Chickpea Salad.  Depending on the dressing, it can either taste more like a mock tuna or mock chicken salad.  I make it a bit different every time.  Sometimes I process the chickpeas really fine and make a mock tuna with Vegan mayo, soy sauce dressing or add a little vinegar and agave for sweeter sauce.  You can also use ginger powder, curry and vegan mayo for a twist.  Also, I add different veggies to the mix.  This time I used radishes, red pepper and onion.  I’ve used raisins, celery and walnuts in the past.

Chickpea Salad

I don’t have exact amounts of ingredients but this is what I used in this salad, which can be eaten on lettuce, or in a sandwich.

1          15-0z can chickpeas, mashed or processed in food processor for finer results
            green onions
            red pepper
            radishes
            vegan  mayo
            touch of white vinegar
            touch of agave
            salt & pepper

            - or soy sauce instead of agave for a more “tuna” taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment