Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thai Noodle Bowl

My gardens have kept me busy and out of my kitchen lately but I spotted this recipe and had to dust off my garden gloves and get cooking!  This easy one-pot supper recipe came from a Rachel Ray magazine.
Her recipe calls for shrimp so I replaced the shrimp with Tofu and broccoli.  Use any of your favorite veggies - get creative!

Thai Noodle Bowl
rice or whole wheat noodles
1 can coconut milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon thai red curry paste
tofu (fried)
snow peas (I used broccoli instead)
broccoli
green onions
limes ( I added the juice of the lime, Rachel used as garnish)

Dice tofu into small pieces and fry in olive oil, set aside.
Cook noodles, drain.  In same pot, bring 1 cup water, coconut milk, soy sauce and curry paste to a simmer.  Add the green onions and broccoli and cook until tender.  Add tofu and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment